Joanna is a results-oriented portfolio, program, project management, operations and change leader with a history of leading highly successful teams in enterprise-level and global environments. She has a proven track record of championing new customer-focused technology offerings that promote business development and optimal functionality across multiple digital platforms.
Joanna leverages a career history of tactical project management, analytical, and organizational expertise to pioneer transformational digital solutions that garner substantial results—enhancing brand visibility, driving revenue growth, and expanding key metrics.
She is currently the Executive Vice President of Program Management and Operations at Basis Technologies (formerly Centro). At Basis, she oversees Program Management, Strategic Planning, Information Technology & Business Systems Operations, Data Privacy & Security, and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion functions.
Prior to joining Basis, she was Director of Digital Portfolio Management at Weight Watchers International for over seven years. Her background also includes five years managing Federal and State Accountability Programs for the State of Georgia, and five years in consulting for a leading information technology solutions company.
Joanna also is a founding Board Member of Women in Agile, Inc, where she served as Treasurer. Women in Agile is a collective effort to recruit, network, promote, and support the work of outstanding women in the agile community through blogging, speaking at events, and building a network among other women and allies.
She is also served as the co-chair of the annual Chicago Agile Open Space Women and Agile event, which has showcased and highlighted women in agile roles in Chicago. She also supports the local Chicago community by serving on 1871’s Affinity Council.
Joanna enjoys giving back to the technology and project management community through serving as a mentor, a speaker and contributor to industry publications and university curriculums. She is often found at most local women in technology networking events, such as 1871, ARA, and Chicago, showing her support and contributing to their causes.
Personal hobbies include traveling, sailing, scuba diving and marathon running. Her goal is to run the Six World Major Marathons (four down, two to go!). She lives in Chicago with her husband, French Bulldog, and Golden Retriever.
- 22 years Portfolio, Program and Project Management experience, in both Waterfall and Agile methodologies, with varying team sizes and budgets.
- Operational Excellency and Effectiveness
- Sales Enablement, IT and Business Systems, Data Privacy and Security
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Client/Portfolio Management/Strategic Planning
- Change Leadership and Organizational Transformation
- Strategic and Portfolio Planning (Product Roadmap, Annual Operating Plan)
- Change Management and Communications
- Lean Six Sigma Process Improvement (Yellow Belt)
- Product and Consumer Analytics
- Public Speaking and Training
- Project Management Institute (PMI) – Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification -March 2005
- Change Leadership Certificate – Cornell – 2014
For more information, please visit Joanna’s LinkedIn profile.
- Traveling – I’ve been to all seven continents, dozens of countries and hundreds of cities. I am also an avid cruiser with over fifteen cruises under my belt.
- Running – I’ve run a number of half-marathons and four full marathons (NYC, Chicago, Berlin and London). Goal is to run the six world majors – NYC, Chicago, Berlin, London, Tokyo and Boston.
- Scuba Diving and Sailing – I’m a PADI Open Water certified diver and a certified sailor (ASA 101, 103, 104 and 114). I love being out on or under the water!
- Lives in Chicago, IL